Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Moving On

The adult life gets more fun every day. Today after I got off work, I started to move everything from my dorm to the apartment I am staying in this summer. That was at 3:30, and it is now almost 2:00 AM. I got everything put away, but all of my clothes except what I am wearing tomorrow are still in Heron, and so is my refrigerator. What this experience has taught me is that moving is not fun and next time I should find a guy to help me move. I did it all by myself, but it sucked; Having someone to help would have been spectacular.

Now, however, I am for the most part moved in and beginning to get settled. Overall I have not enjoyed this experience, but I think I might look back on it at some future point in my life and think it wasn't so bad. I did learn that I can handle moving on my own, but I also learned that asking for help is a good idea.

The plus side to all of this is I now live in an apartment where my roommate and I have separate rooms, separate bathrooms, and a living room and kitchen. Maybe that this-isn't-so-bad moment is here already. I guess it will last right up until I downgrade when the fall semester starts back to one of the dorms...

No comments: