Wednesday, May 21, 2008

So Un-Alone in Loneliness

I feel like everything I've posted lately has revolved around the fact that I feel alone so frequently, but this post apparently isn't going to be any different.

I've learned to embrace all the newfound freedom of having time for myself, and since I've started learning so much about myself, I've also been shown that several really important people in my life are experiencing the exact same things. I've talked to a couple of my friends, and it seems that they are in the same spots. We are all getting a chance to take inventory and figure out who we've become over the past year, and these people are vastly different from the people we were.

My friends and I are all significantly less busy, and it seems God is using this time to work on all of us; it's like scheduled maintenance. In some ways it feels like this could be something that we all go through this summer that causes a change in us, but when we get stressed again in the fall it could disappear for the most part. I don't really think that's what is going to happen though. I really feel like this summer God is splitting us all up and giving us all some fantastic one-on-one time to grow in him because when he gets us all together again he has huge plans for us. Our friendships will be so much stronger because they are based on so much more than common interests. God put these people in my life at the right times because he knew what these relationships would become.

One of the coolest things about everything God is doing in my life and showing me right now is that he has rearranged my relationships while keeping me still connected enough to the people he chooses to know that he has us all in the same boat. My relationships with those people are different, and I'm still getting a lot of Kindall-and-God time, but he is definitely letting me know that he set things up this way for all of us because he is going to use us. I don't have any clue where this will all lead, but I know I am growing through all of it.

And for all the people who God has used to let me know he's working in all our lives, thank you for sharing. Thank you for being open to what God has to do in your lives and letting me know about it. I don't think you have any idea how blessed I am to have you as my friends and to share my struggles and my walk with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kindalllllll enjoy your friday of working. without molly. we'll all be in wright/maddox at 9 so i'm sure i'll see you. :-) i read book one yesterday. i have a feeling i'll reread it. a few times. love!