Thursday, May 15, 2008

Adjusting

I feel like I don't know what to do with myself really now that I'm not in school. It's odd to be working an adult kind of job where I am off every night and living in an apartment where I have my own room and a place to cook. I am trying to adjust to the idea that all of my close friends I've made here in Nashville aren't here anymore, and there is no longer the constant presence of people. In some ways, that's awesome because I can find alone time when I want it, but at the same time, when everyone is here it's really easy for me to feel like I don't need to be doing anything. Now I don't have homework or any real committments, and I don't know what to do with myself.

This is really transitional, and I know I will figure it out eventually, but for now it feels really weird. My fear is that about the time I begin to adjust to this, school will start back and my world will be totally different. About the time I start to enjoy all the quiet I will be back in school and living in one room with another person, sharing a bathroom with her and two others, and overall feeling overwhelmed by people. I'm looking forward to that too, even though it doesn't sound like it. It's really just interesting to me the difference having everyone here makes. Life is completely different, but it's fun and I'm still having a blast.

No comments: