Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Blissful Memorial Day Weekend

Hooray (I can't believe I used that word, but I really can't come up with a better one) for a job that has significant amounts of doing nothing and computer access. One disclaimer: this computer keyboard is sometimes ridiculous, so I apologize for the typos.

I went to my house this weekend for my brother's birthday (he gets the license tomorrow and the world is no longer safe), and I got so much more than good food, cake, and family time--although those things were definitely a part of my fantastic weekend. I got some much-needed time with some people I haven't seen in a while, and it was fantastic.

My social dry-spell was interrupted like crazy on Sunday. After church I went out to eat with Dawn and her family, who I have missed so much since I came to college and had to become an irregular member of Stevens Street. After that, Jill and I went to get coffee and talk--a lot, as usual. While we were at Starbucks, we ran into Josh, so we got to spend some time with him too. We caught up a little, but she is leaving for New Mexico (and her NASA internship!) on Wednesday, and her dad is also moving to a different church. So we will be separated by about 1500 miles, and when we are actually both home we won't even be going to church together anymore. I know that will all be ok though because Jill and I can always pick up where we left off.

After church Sunday night, Jill and I went back to Starbucks, but with Melissa this time. When we got there Tyler was there, and we had some fantastic, purposeless hangout time! And when Starbucks closed and Jill and Melissa went home, I spent the rest of the night (and about two hours of the next morning) hanging out with Josh and Tyler.

Basically all I did on Sunday was go to church and spend time talking to people. It was a fantastic weekend, and I am so glad to have been able to spend time with so many people who I miss so much, including my family. It was also really good to have so much activity for a few days. I remembered what if feels like to have a lot of friends and get to spend time with them face to face.

And even though the weekend is over and I am back to the life of pseudo-solitude, I feel like everything is going to be better. I just needed a weekend to be busy.

And I have an exciting announcement to leave with: I have an appointment at 5:30 tonight to get my hair dyed green! I can't wait to check that off of my list of things to do before I die!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREEN? WHAT? seriously.....