Friday, June 13, 2008

Vacation

I don't think I could be any happier that today is Friday. I just have to get through these eight hours of work, and then I get to go to the beach with my family for a week!

I'm excited about the vacation for the obvious reasons--who doesn't love the ocean?--but it also has some other perks that vacations haven't had for me in the past. For one thing, I've never gone on vacation with my family while I haven't been living with them. It's odd to not be living in our house and seeing my parents and brother on a daily basis. As much as I love my independence and living in Nashville, I do miss my family, so it's going to be really great to get to spend a week with them. I will probably be ready to get back to my Belmont lifestyle this time next week, but for now I'm really looking forward to being with them.

I have also never actually had a full-time job to take a vacation from, so it's going to be nice to have a break from my forty hours of ResLife next week. It's not that I don't like my job, I'm just really happy to have a chance to take a break from it.

Overall, this vacation is going to be incredible. I plan to sit by the ocean and read with a few swimming breaks in-between. And that's it. I don't want to do anything except be. It's going to be glorious!

And on a completely random and unrelated note, I was up until almost three o'clock this morning because I decided I was going to read a couple more chapters of my book last night and ended up reading the last three hundred pages. It was a really good book (Twilight by Stephenie Meyer), but I'm so tired today that I'm questioning whether or not it was actually that good. Deep down I know it really was that good, but I'm tired, so I'm not thinking clearly. Anyway, read Twilight. I'm anxiously awaiting getting to the rest of the series when I get back from the beach.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm totally that person that stays up to read a couple more chapters and ends up finishing the book... Way to be. :)