Monday, June 30, 2008

The Processing Process

I feel like I'm finally getting to the point where I can begin to wrap my mind around my weekend. Today was not a good day at work, but this afternoon I managed to take a nap and then I had dinner with a friend. Dinner was fantastic because my friend was wonderful and she was perfectly willing to let me vent my frustrations. She is also my Avon lady, so I got to get in a little Avon therapy and order some new makeup.

One of the good things that has already come out of this is that I've learned that there are some people in my life who I knew liked me, but now I know that they also genuinely care for me and are concerned about my well-being. It's one of those moments when you realize that God has blessed you with some really great friends, and he did it at the right time and in the right place.

I'm going home this weekend, and I'm hoping to just spend a lot of time with my family. I doubt I will be any better at communication, but my goal is to leave knowing that they know I really do love them. I still hate the fact that they feel like I don't care about them and it's really hard to deal with. We definitely have some communication issues, and I think this weekend will be a good time to DTR and deal with the weirdness that comes from me moving out.

Overall I think things are starting to look up. I know everything is going to be alright, I just still need some time to deal and figure out where things stand.

No comments: