Monday, June 9, 2008

Lemonade

I've been very aware lately of how great things are for me right now. It's one of those times in my life where I realize what I take for granted and have such gratitude for the way I see God working in my life.

I've got friends who are frustrated because they keep coming up short in the job search, friends who have been taken by surprise in relationships that they thought would last, and cousins who just lost their father to suicide. It seems like there are people all around me who are hurting, and I hate to see that. I feel like maybe the reason I'm so very okay and taken care of right now is to be here for those people. I don't know what I can do for them exactly, but I know I can let them know I'm here for whatever they need.

And while I'm being available, I've got time to reflect on how blessed I am. I know I take a lot for granted, but right now I'm seeing so many things that are part of my life only because God has been so good to me. I can't even begin to comprehend how amazing it is that I have a job, my family, and so many people who love me. And I have to remember that God is still good even when things aren't running as smoothly as they are right now. I know this won't last forever, but I also know that I am supposed to use this time to love other people. I'm here and I'm available, and I am learning just how wonderful my God is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.