Saturday, June 21, 2008

Maybe I Did Want it to End Eventually

Okay, I said I didn't want it to end, but by yesterday I was completely over vacation. I had a really good time, but I guess since I knew it was going to end I just wanted to be home where everything is normal and has a schedule. Today, however, did not quite get me home the way I would have hoped.

I know it takes forever to get home from any trip just because you want to be there so badly, but today it took longer than I would have liked. First, there was construction on I-65 in Alabama so we were going to get off the interstate and go around when it went down to one lane. When we got off though, we barely moved. We went less than five miles in longer than an hour. When we finally got moving again, we stopped in Athens to get gas and had some sort of battery issue that killed our car. I didn't think I was ever going to see the glorious Tennessee soil again.

But now I'm home, and it feels so good. I'm already adjusting to living alone again (a week with my parents, brother, aunt, and uncle was a different experience after having my own apartment), and I'm just looking forward to a little normalcy. I loved the vacation, but I'm happy to be home.

No comments: