Friday, June 27, 2008

How Practical Is It to Steal Cell Phones?

It's interesting to me that I've never heard of a cell phone store being robbed. Of course that doesn't mean there haven't been cell phone thefts, but I've never heard of them.

I realize this lack of theivery can probably be attributed to the fact that it won't do much good to steal a cell phone because the company would have to activate it and they would have a list of serial numbers and ways of knowing it was stolen. I still have trouble believing that there isn't a crook dumb enough to try it anyway. And wouldn't that idiot want a really nice phone so he could run the crime empire he's planning in his mind with style?

I'm going to have to do some research on this because it's a very intriguing thought.

1 comment:

mary christine said...

the fact you would even think of this is intriguing.