Thursday, July 31, 2008

Moving On, Again

I absolutely hate moving. I am not the cleanest person in the world, and I have my fair share of clutter, but when I am in the middle of a move the mess kills me. I think it has something to do with the fact that until all that stuff is put away in its new home I'm not finished.

Right now my apartment looks like it was hit by a tornado; the amount of crap sitting in my living room is unbelievable. And for some reason my brain confuses clutter with huge life events that aren't so great, so while my apartment looks like this I'm going to be stressed. Even if I'm not at home the thought of all that junk is plaguing me.

I get to start moving tomorrow, but I'm moving literally four people's stuff, so it's going to take a while. And I can only move my stuff out tomorrow because the other room hasn't been cleaned yet. I know it's all going to be okay though, and I've got people who love me to help.

I'm looking forward to having a permanent residence for a while. Even if it's only 8 or 9 months it will be so much better than having things stored all around me and boxes I never unpacked. I have loved living in my apartment, but I've known all along how temporary it is. I'm just hoping that through all of this I don't lose my mind. And when it's all over I plan on sitting back and enjoying my new space. I'm really looking forward to the awesome year that I'm going to spend in that room. I'm ready for Liz to come back, and Kristen and Rebecca. I've missed them all, so I can't wait until we're living together again. As much as I hate the moving process, it's going to be a good experience, and I'm looking ahead to good times with great people.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

CALL me if you want help. Actually, I may just call you on Saturday morning. :) I know you won't call.

I would love to help move other people's crap. I need some human interaction that isn't Jim and his family 24/7.

I like you. And then we can go swimming.