Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lullaby

I took a nap after work this afternoon because I was absolutely worn out, but the nap got a little carried away and I slept for three hours. Now, unfortunately, I need to go to sleep but I can't because I'm not tired anymore. I hate it when that happens. And so I am now going to attempt to make sense of what's happening in my life right now.

My movie detox isn't going very well. Since I said I didn't want to see any more movies for about a month I have been to Mamma Mia! twice. That makes a total of three times. And sadly, I would go again. I haven't watched anymore Batman movies, though, and I don't plan on it in the near future.

Summer is starting to wind down, in my mind at least, and I have to say I'm ready for it. I've been having an absolute blast this summer, and I've learned a lot about myself and life and God, but I'm ready to move on in some parts of my life. It's bittersweet because I've made so many new friends and I know those relationships will change when school starts. I'll still see them all, but we'll be juggling new commitments and new schedules and we won't be able to be anywhere near as spontaneous and random as we have this summer. That's so sad because that Harry Headbanger spontaneity pretty much defines our friendship, but I don't think anything will be ruined, just different. And change is good.

I think what I'm most looking forward to is the time when I don't work so much. I like the life where I do something other than my job every day. At least I have different classes on different days of the week and I'll have some change in my routine. My personality doesn't work well with doing the same thing day in and day out. I'm also really excited about living somewhere I know I'm going to stay for a while. I love my apartment, but every time I think about it I remember how temporary it is. I would be happy to give up the perks for some permanence. I know the dorm isn't going to be as nice, but I get to stay for a while so at least I can actually unpack everything.

While not everything is great about summer coming to a close, I'm still excited that it's reaching that point. I'm going to enjoy every minute that's left, but I'm also going to take the change without complaining.

And now all I really want is to go to sleep because I have to be up early in the morning. However, I'm pretty sure I'm going to struggle a little while longer.

No comments: