Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Home Stretch

I have moved in possibly the slowest fashion ever, but I'm finally hitting that point where I am close to being finished and my mind is at ease. Tonight will be my first night sleeping in Thrailkill, and even though it's a downgrade I'm happy to be here. I really like the room, and I'm looking forward to having other people living on my floor. Alone time in the apartment was nice, but I think this is going to be good. I'm still in the process of figuring where to put all my stuff because I have a lot less space now, but that's the only drawback I've seen so far. Living with other people will present a few more I'm sure, but there will be huge perks to that as well.

And the really good news is that I won't have to move out in a couple of days because I can't afford to go to school. My loans are officially approved, and I'm going to be able to stay! I knew things would be okay, even if the loans hadn't been approved in time, but this is so much more comforting.

Even though the summer isn't over yet, this move makes its coming to a close official. I'm a little sad that things have to change, but I'm also really excited about this year. I've learned a lot about myself this summer, and I'm looking forward to putting that knowledge to good use in a new situation. Sophomore year, here I come!

No comments: