Thursday, July 10, 2008

This Job's A Pain, It's So Mundane, It Sure Don't Stimulate My Brain

I realize this is childish and I was going to have to grow up someday, but I absolutely hate working a full-time job. I didn't love having irregular hours and no guarantee of enough hours to make working worth it before, but at least I wasn't doing the same thing every day.

Most of this frustration comes from the fact that I do absolutely nothing at work. For instance, I am at work right now writing this inspiring little rant, and I have already checked my facebook and e-mail numerous times as well as having cleared out all the new stories on my 13 subscriptions on Google Reader. I recently finished reading Pride and Prejudice; I read the entire book online at work. My mom sent me an e-mail this morning and I replied within four minutes. I'm going crazy because almost every day is like this!

If I just had a few days that were like this while the rest kept me fairly occupied I think I would be okay. I love being able to get some other things done while I'm at work, but when every day is filled with 8 hours where I am just trying to find something to do, that's not okay. The worst part is that when I get home at night I'm either bored or busy. There's no in-between, and I haven't mastered the art of finding things to do around the apartment. I feel like all I do is read, check my facebook, work--although not a lot, and sleep. Sadly, I'm longing for school to start again. When did my life come to this?

No comments: