Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Transition

Today was my first day of SLA training. It was also the first day in several months that I have not been a full-time employee, and I have to say that part was glorious. It's weird because it seems like my entire summer has been leading up to this, and it's finally here. And I'm ready for things to change, but at the same time I'm going to miss the things I've been able to do this summer.

SLA training was fantastic. I didn't really know what to expect, but it's been refreshing. I really like the group of people I get to work with, and I'm really excited that I'm finally getting to make concrete plans for getting to know my girls and reaching out to them.

I'm excited that I'm leaving all of the frustrations of working 40-hour weeks for Reslife behind, but I'm also sad to be losing my stress-free nights. Homework wasn't something I had to think about when I was spending time with my friends this summer, but it will be something I think about a lot very soon.

And speaking of my friends, I'm sad that my summer friendships have to change. The people I've met this summer have been incredibly random, absolutely spectacular, and a literal God-send. I will still be able to talk to these people and spend time with them, but it won't be nearly as convenient as it has been. I know these are friendships worth preserving though, and I'm so thankful to have such great people in my life.

My Belmont friends will be back soon, and I'm excited about reconnecting with them. I've missed the people who I was spending all my time with over the last school year. It was like I saw them 18 out of 24 hours of every day on average and then they were gone all of a sudden. So, I'm really looking forward to them being back.

I'm excited about the changes happening right now, and I'm just enjoying the transition. Soon I'll have a brand new routine, but for now it's nice to live each day separately with a different schedule each morning.

And as for changes and transitions, I'm once again confused about my life. I won't go into too much detail because I'm not sure where things will lead, but I feel like something is supposed to be different as far as school goes for me. I haven't figured out yet whether I'm being led towards transferring or what, but I feel like there's a big change in the near future. I'm a little antsy to know what's going on, but God isn't letting me see the plan. I still have a peace about everything though, and I know that even if I'm not thrilled about every aspect of what's coming it's going to be good. I know there's a reason I've been where I've been, and a reason for where I'm going. I just have to remember that when the time actually comes and I might have to leave some things I love. For now I'm just continuing to live and learn and love.

Big things are coming.

No comments: