Monday, February 16, 2009

Loose Ends

I have managed to get myself completely out of whack lately. I haven't been sleeping enough, which I've realized, and last night was no exception. I went to bed at 11:45 (which I realize is not that late for those of you who pride yourselves on your late nights, but for me it's late) and I got up at 7. I went to work, and I wasn't feeling the greatest. So when I got off work, I went back to my room and slept until it was time to go back to work at 2. Three classes happened while I was out, and when I got off work for the second time all I wanted to do was go back to sleep. I'm feeling so much better now (and will be getting to bed shortly), but I feel like I have messed up my sleep pattern sufficiently for the week. It should be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow. Today I was feeling the effect my sleep deprivation was having on my immune system, so I'm hoping tomorrow I won't have the swollen throat or hint of an impending earache. If only we didn't need to sleep or there were less fun things to do and great people to talk to . . .

And I'm going to see Death Cab for Cutie with Ra Ra Riot and Matt Costa in May, so I've been on a steady diet of these guys. I like it.

Finally, because I had a great time at Nate's show with the really awesome girls who (mostly) live on my floor Friday night, I'm including the picture (I'm the one hiding in the back behind the hair). It's for posterity. And you should go listen to Nate's stuff, because it's good.


Sleep or not, life is good.

No comments: