Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Wish We Could Open Our Eyes to See in All Directions at the Same Time

The church search continues. I decided this morning that I'm really attached to the church I've been going to in Nashville, but it's only that darn Sunday school dilemma holding me back. I know I'm going to find the right place and be happier for it when I get there, but I am growing weary of this endless quest. It shouldn't be this hard to find a place for corporate worship! On the bright side however, I went to an early service this morning, so when the fire alarm in my building went off I was dressed and ready to leave everyone else standing outside in their pajamas. I also had some serious reading time between church and lunch. It's probably the first time I've had the majority of a Sunday free. I managed to finish my reading, go to a meeting, get in a run and still have time for Rock of Love without the distraction of homework.

Yesterday I had possibly the best Valentine's Day ever. I got off work, brought some flowers and candy to a good friend, and then took myself on a date. I spent some time at Starbucks reading and being alone, and it was fabulous. My dad told me I needed to find someone to take me out, but as I pointed out to him it's not worth the date if I don't want to be out with that person. I will be taking myself on many future dates because of the success of this one.

1 comment:

hlpie said...

really the ONLY benefit in finding someone to take you out would be that you could go on a date for free.

only difference :)