Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I Think I'm Getting the Hang of It

So, I think I'm learning how to cope with this college thing. I still work a lot, but I'm learning to prioritize. I've developed an addiction to Madden, which Kristen and I went to Wal Mart to buy at ten o'clock Sunday night, and I've been trying to keep my work done so I can play. The thing that scares me is that I've got the basics, but there's more. This morning in Colloquium, Dr. Boan gave us the template for our plan of study, and I realized that I'm going to have to do quite a bit of stuff that is above and beyond the every day homework. I just have to keep telling myself that I'm not the first person who has ever been to college and that everything is going to be okay.

Speaking of a plan of study, I've been giving my major some more thought. I am realizing more and more every day that I love English. My problem with an English major all along has been that I don't really want to teach, but the more I think about it, the more I think how bad can teaching possibly be? I wouldn't make a ton of money, but that isn't what life's about, and the more I think about it, the more I think I would actually enjoy teaching. My other option would be writing, but I'm just not feeling writing. I'm going to keep thinking and especially praying about it, though, and I know the answer will come.

I also feel like I should mention here that I have a cold. I've been sick since I woke up Saturday morning, and I feel like it's never going to go away! My biggest fear is that I might have mono because every time I take a nap I know I could still sleep more. I don't think I'm as tired as I should be if I have mono, though, so for now I'm going to assume that this is a common cold. If I'm still sick and tired in a week, I will visit health services, but I'm thinking I should be over it by then.

So, I guess life is good. I'm starting to get really situated and be used to this life, and I'm still loving it. I'm excited to see if I end up becoming the best darn English teacher in the world or if I decide to do something completely different. Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).