Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Loving the Love Songs

Well, next week is midterm week, and I really only have to take one midterm. The problem is, I also have a bunch of crap (namely essays) due at the same time that I have to take this monster of a midterm in the one class in which I have a test. I say this because I have wanted to update this thing for a while now, but when I am studying (or trying to study), I think, no, if I'm going to write something it will be the paper I have due. Instead of writing a paper, though, I go somewhere else and do something unproductive, and in the end I think I should have written in my blog because at least it has a little bit of value. Anyway, I should be doing something else right now, but if I didn't do this it would continue to drive me crazy.

I guess now I can finally get to what the title of this thing is all about. I have been on an easy listening kick lately, and I can't figure out why. I use Pandora radio online, and I got a Michael Buble station, so for a solid week now I've been listening to a lot, and I mean a lot, of him, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Ella Fitzgerald, and many others along those lines. In some ways, these songs depress me. I've been single for eighteen years, so I don't like to hear gorgeous men (Michael) singing about someone they love because I want that someone to be me. Perhaps that's the cause of my mood, though; maybe I just want to hear it all and imagine they are singing to me. I could also be reading a lot into this because there is also no obvious cause for my Relient K obsession, so maybe I just really like the music. Either way, I don't seem to be in any hurry to stop listening to this stuff.

I had some excitement yesterday; my roommate and I got a huge couch for our dorm. We went to Goodwill and found this sweet couch that we got for fifty bucks, and we spent a good part of our night last night cleaning it. We also got a little table to put in front of it, and I got a chess set to put on the table. Our room is so homey! I don't really know how this paragraph applies to anything, but I'm excited about the couch.

Well, midterms are still next week, and since I didn't wake up until like 55 minutes ago, I've already wasted a lot of study time, so I guess I should stop this even though that is the last thing I want to do.

No comments: