Monday, January 21, 2008

Insomnia

Although the title of this post would suggest it is hours later than I would normally be up, my insomnia comes more from the fact that I wanted to go to bed earlier, but I couldn't because it was earlier than my body is used to going to bed. I was tired at about 8:30, but now sleep doesn't seem to want to come. So, in my non-sleeping, I will post some random things on here because I can.

Something that has been on my mind a lot lately is the fact that I feel like my personality has been altered slightly since I came to college. I used to be involved in quite a few things with school, but ever since college I've placed more importance on spending time with friends and homework than making committments to extra-curricular activities. I guess this isn't totally different from high school because I was only involved in a few things then, they were just things I really cared about. I will probably find a nook somewhere here at Belmont where I want to spend a lot of time, but at this point I'm just hanging out and enjoying life while making good grades. I don't know why this bothers me, but I guess I just feel really anti-social because all I ever do is hang out with my few friends. I love my Belmont friends though, and I woudn't trade them for the world!





We have a lot of fun together, and I've already gotten into college, so I guess at this point I can just continue having fun without worrying too much about my resume.



Speaking of being in college, I may have stumbled upon assurance that I can handle a major I once thought impossible. I know this is probably the third or fourth time I've talked about a major in this blog (and I don't update it as frequently as I think about majors), but this is one that I would love; I just question my capability. I thought about piano pedagogy as a major, but I was afraid I would have to be more advanced than I am at piano and know a lot more theory than I know. This week, however, I met a girl who is a piano pedagogy major, and she seemed to think I would be fine. To make a long story short, she talked to her professor and he wants to set up a meeting with me. I would be really excited if this worked out, so I'm looking forward to the meeting. This would mean I would have to spend another year here, but I was probably going to have to do that anyway because it has taken me so long to declare.

Although this particular anti-social activity has been fun, I should get some sleep so I can interact a little tomorrow and not lose all contact with the outside world excluding my three friends.

No comments: