Sunday, November 30, 2008

Why Home is So Much Sweeter

I think I discovered over the break why I have been so much more attached to home lately. Part of it is the fact that I didn't go home this summer. After that I felt more of a need to go home and see my family as much as possible because I neglected them a little this summer. More than that, though, I think the fact that I've gone home a couple of times recently has had a huge impact, especially since my two closest Belmont friends will soon be gone. I still have lots of friends here in Nashville (and if you read my blog, you're most likely one of them), but I think there is a part of me that is resisting change. When I went home, I was reminded that those friendships I cared about in high school are still there. My best friends in Gainesboro haven't left, so I feel like that won't change. There is stability at home because those friends aren't going anywhere and neither is my family.

This is coming across sounding worse than it actually is. I don't have a huge complex about Kristen and Rebecca leaving, I just have this natural pull toward home that hasn't been there in the past. I'm glad to know I have that stability at home, but I'm not discounting all of you here in Nashville. I hope you all know that you are wonderful friends whom I love and feel so blessed to know. And I hope that this simply means we will have more time together and I will get to know you all better. God has been really faithful with the friends he's placed in my life, and I know he shuffles them around for a reason. It's good to know why home has such an appeal and that those friends will always be there, but I also love Nashville, and I know every friend I have isn't leaving. So to those of you who are here, thank you. And even though home is so nice, I have a lot going for me in both places.

No comments: