Saturday, October 11, 2008

Where Do I Go From Here?

I'm enjoying a rare quiet moment, and as usual there's some reflecting to do.

My life has been relatively intense over the last couple of days, and I'm still trying to process everything that's happened. My best friend at Belmont is gone now, and since it just happened I haven't figured out what that means for me yet. I'm not completely in agreement with the reasoning behind her leaving, but I'm trying to be the kind of friend I want to have. I'm trying to understand what's going on, and I'm trying to be supportive even though I don't understand. I wish I knew a way to make things better. I wish she didn't have to hurt.

Things also didn't go the way I would have expected with her leaving. I was a little disappointed with the way it happened, but I can only hope that we'll all come out of this okay on the other end. Things are still so surreal right now that I don't have any concept of the near future, but I'll get there.

Right now I'm just trying to process things. This will all settle down eventually and we'll attain some normalcy, but I'm hoping that will happen sooner rather than later. Right now I'm just a little drained, and I'm praying we'll all feel better soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let's get together. All my nights are open this week. Even if it is to sit with you while you study/read. Let me know! :)