Sunday, March 30, 2008

All Good Things Must Come to an End

As of tomorrow spring break will officially be over. I must admit I'm a little sad, but I am glad to be back at Belmont. I got back this afternoon and picked Liz up from the airport, so we are enjoying our last moments of freedom. She's watching a movie, and I'm doing laundry because we are definitely the two coolest college kids ever. I don't know how our room can contain so much excitement. There isn't that much school left, though, so I'm looking forward to starting back because it will all be over soon.

Weekend of Champions was an absolute blast. It was a little weird being back as a huddle leader when I was a camper just a year ago, but I had a great time. The other huddle leaders were a little hard to make a connection with because they pretty much knew each other already, they all go to Tech, and we were only there for two days, so we didn't get to know a much about each other. My huddle on the other hand was fantastic. I had six girls in 6-8th grade, and I have never been crazy about middle school girls, but they were a lot of fun. It was a great weekend, and God was definitely working. I had a great time, and I am so glad I got the opportunity to work with those girls and be involved in a ministry that has had such a huge impact in my life.

I guess if I have to go back to school, I am coming after a good weekend. That's one plus to the end of the break. I really can't complain because I don't have class until 5:30 tomorrow--my first one got cancelled. Oh well, it will all be over soon, and I won't be a freshman anymore!

No comments: