Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gluttony

Tonight was an adventure to Cheeseburger Charley's followed by a movie. I really enjoyed both of these things, but my favorite part of the night (besides Jessica and Andrew of course) might also have put a damper on the fun. The wonderful ladies at the Cheeseburger Charley's in Green Hills told me I could mix milkshake flavors; this was exciting information that I quickly put into use. I had a peanut butter/banana/oreo milkshake, and it was possibly the best concoction I've ever tasted; my only complaint is that peanut butter makes it hard to drink through a straw. This brings me to the bad part: since the straw was ineffective, I drank most of the milkshake like a person would drink any other liquid. I also felt compelled to finish it because it was so good. You have to remember I also ate a cheeseburger and onion rings before this trifecta milkshake, so by the time I finished I wasn't feeling so great. To make matters worse, we decided to rent Pan's Labyrinth. While the movie was pretty cool (and in Spanish which wins me over every time) the violent parts didn't go well with the milkshake, cheeseburger, and onion rings.

I hesitate to share this information online because I feel like it merely exposes my poor judgement and lack of self-control. There are a couple of reasons I posted this anyway: first, I think you need to try a peanut butter/banana/oreo milkshake. It will change your life. Second, I recommend watching Pan's Labyrinth, but do it on an empty stomach. And finally, the sum total of all lessons I learned tonight--enjoy life, but don't let one really great thing subtract from simultaneous experiences. Take it all in, but in moderation.

No comments: