Monday, June 14, 2010

Fully Understanding the Weekend

After living in the eternal weekend known as study abroad going to work has been a challenge. That's old news from my last post, but the contrast of the work day with the weekend makes the weekend so sweet.

I think I had forgotten what it was like to actually need to have time to chill until this past weekend, and when I got that time it was so sweet. I had some quality roommate time with the long-lost (but not forgotten) Kristen who has this thing called homework that I can only interrupt so much during the week as well as a short day of work at the mansion.

I'm hoping this week will be better than last. I would like to attribute my difficulty to the intense relaxation I experienced in Spain, and I think once I Americanize myself a little more (but not too much) I'll hate my life less after an 8-hour work day.

I've been in America for two full weeks. Spain seems like a dream that I had to wake up from, but it's given me things to think about in my future and priorities to change as I inevitably get dragged into living like a real American. Overall I've learned to appreciate my weekends, and I plan to take advantage of every single one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kindall,

Weekends are always amazing, but during the week there are times when we all need that extra break. Sometimes we need to take a step back and relax for many reasons - whether it's a stressful day at work, or something going on in your personal life.

I like to find media on the internet to help people boost their emotional wellbeing. I found a video that I think you might like during these times: www.pepfly.com/a/6560 - Jessica's daily affirmation.

Hopefully it works for you!
^CP
(jeremy@pepfly.com)